Sunday, November 12, 2006

Credit Card Insurance

A word of warning about Credit card repayment protection schemes

The people who sell you the policy and who take out your monthly payment for ‘card protection’ are not always (in fact, often aren’t) the people who you will be dealing with in the event of a claim.

So be careful.

I took out my credit card protection screen last November (2004). I merrily watched the monthly payments being taken up to date. I recently made a claim. ) I had a bosom attack and had to be off work for 8 weeks) I sent off for the claim forms, I sent them back, together with doctor’s certificate; and waited. I eventually got a petition from the insurance company request me to turn out that I was in work for the 6 calendar months prior to taking out the insurance. What??? You may ask! Why? Well Iodine called them and asked them – Why? The reply was that it was a ‘condition of the policy’ that I had to have got been in employment for the six calendar months up to the clip I took out the policy. ‘Why was ~I not asked for this information when Iodine took out the policy? I asked. The answer: ‘You volition have got to inquire your credit card company that, we just manage the claims. No amount of indignance of questioning got me a reasonable response. I set the phone down in disgust. After all, My monthly payments were accepted with no quiddity at all. Cipher asked me if Iodine was in employment for the preceding six calendar months when Iodine signed on the dotted line for ‘payment protection’.

I decided to name the credit card company and all I got was an automated machine request me for my sixteen-digit account number … holmium hum. Been here before when I was trying to get them to direct me out the claim form. I set the phone down.

Be warned. All is not what it looks to be. These cats will fall over themselves to sell you the payment protection. But you wait until you need to claim on it. It’s A different narrative then.

Don’t state I didn’t state you …


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?