Saturday, June 07, 2008

Nigeria: God Will Destroy Those After Our Football - Obaseki - AllAfrica.com

Salihu Othman Isah

What is your current human relationship with Beam Nnaji, a member of your board who, at the tallness of the NFA/NFL impasse, threatened to drag you to tribunal over corrupt patterns in NFL? What is also the principle behind squads playing in an empty bowl owed to boisterous supporters, as well as the state of professional football game in Federal Republic Of Nigeria almost 15 old age after? How long make we have got to wait for our conference to develop compared to that of Europe?

Let me begin from the last one. How long? I will fall in you in asking that question, how long? As for me and my board, this is our 2nd twelvemonth of professional league. Iodine desire to dispute anybody to state me how bad compared to others; how bad this present board is. I desire Nigerians to always remember, especially you pressmen, that all of us on that board are used to managing teams. I, for instance, managed the (Bendel) Insurance Football Club. This is the first clip we are coming to pull off fifty-two clubs. It's not easy. There is a large difference, a wall of difference. The concern is more than than enough. So, Nigerians should delight understand through you pressmen, because you are the people that write, and in most lawsuits nonsense. Yes, I am challenging you. I desire to be taken on. I have got told the press, modern times without number, that when I travel incorrect they should name me to order, but when I make well, congratulations me, to high celestial sphere and don't affront me, because you cannot make it. You have got never done it. So, people should delight learn. We are learning.

You are talking of Europe now, America, Japan, Germany, even South Africa, Malawi. Their authorities built the substructures and stadia all over the topographic points for them. No baseball club in Federal Republic Of Nigeria have a stadium, none. It is the state stadium. If football game go forths there, field hockey come ups in. When field hockey go forths there, it is Christian church service or political party on the same pitch. I mean, that is nonsense! If we have got done well, give us credit. Be bold enough, not people writing nonsensicality in the document for money. We are all sacrificing, cipher here (referring to members of the NFL board) is on salary. None. You only acquire your allowances, sitting allowance-N30-N40, 000, and you sit down maybe once in two months. Once in a calendar month or once in two calendar months for N30-N40, 000. No, it's wrong. Can you sacrifice? What are you sacrificing? You know, we are sacrificing. Like I told the Senate Committee on Sports, I dispute anybody. I brought out my difficult earned billions (of naira) to begin Nigerian Football League. How many Nigerians have got done it? Yet people sit down down and compose nonsense, you know; just because you desire to back up one person. If you detest me, don't detest our policies. If the board is doing well, state the board is doing well; not Oyuki Glenda Jackson Obaseki because the human face is bad. No, it's wrong. You are not punishing me, you are only a disparager to Nigerian football.

Relevant Links

Thank God, we had the enterprise of trying to affiliate with other bodies; getting in touching with the EPL (English Professional League). We just came back from South Africa. We are getting ready to travel to MSL (Major Soccer League) in the US, and Bundesliga in Germany. We are trying to learn. So, delight give us clip to learn. If you cognize it, come. Come and give me advice. I am open. If you don't ran into my other board members, come up to my office, you would ran into me on ground. Give your advice.

Now for how long? Let us wait and make it; anytime, we could acquire it right. I have got been shouting and the board met, took a determination that we should construct stadia for all the Prime Minister clubs; went to the banks, tried to mob loan. We have got been appealing to state authorities for the 2nd twelvemonth to give us Degree Centigrade of Type Type O (Certificate of Occupancy), just Degree Centigrade of O and go forth the remainder to us. The bowl is not going to be you one kobo, only the land. Give us Degree Centigrade of O, but none. Only Niger River State governor, and that is why I believe they name him the 'master servant'. He brought a Degree Centigrade of Type O to us. But it was faulty. The Degree Centigrade of Type O was in the name of Niger River State Sports Council. I am not building a bowl for the state government. We sent it back with thanks. The Degree Centigrade of Type O should be in the name of Niger River Tornadoes, because we are going to utilize it as collateral in the bank. If the money is not paid, the depository financial institution seizes the property. Simple! But nobody, nobody. Then, you are blaming NFL. They have got to take attention of the pitches. Who should travel and take attention of authorities pitches? People don't sit down down to look at that sense. Are NFL the proprietor of Enugu Stadium? It's government stadium. No baseball club have a stadium, except Gabros. So, delight when you are writing, sit down down properly, expression at this side, and expression at this side and come up to a conclusion; not to write-off everybody in NFL. That's very wrong, because the occupation is enormous, not everybody can make it. No.

Coming to your 2nd inquiry on our relationship. Nnaji came back begging and I told him "I forgive you." At this age, why should I detest person and die. How many old age make I have got more? He came begging and we forgave him; no, with a status that he have to be careful. If I desire to stretch along along him, I will stretch him to the fullest. The board said, "let's go forth him". Shamelessly, he come ups around in many board meetings. Person have asked me why don't we suspend him. I said no. If NFA suspends Dr. Singabele, we won't make that. Not that person criticises me and the board members state he should go. Have he been able to turn out corruption? So, why should we? He's there. He is receiving the worst punishment, because when he is coming to the office, he states ha! Oga dey business office and if they state yes, his bosom will melt. That's adequate penalty for him; more than than enough punishment. You know, the twenty-four hours he makes not have got the strong heart, he falls in and that is the end. So, leave of absence him, he is receiving his punishment. Are he very free with any of the board members? No, because they look at him as a sell-out. Now that you (Nnaji) have got got sold out to NFA, what have you gained? Now the board is waxing stronger and stronger, receiving awards from right, left, Centre and back. Volition you state you are portion of the accolade? He's not! He cannot put claim to it.

Page 1 of 3

1

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?